What are some of your Self-Care and Beauty Tips at 50?
1) Love and embrace yourself and your imperfections. When I was in my 20s I spent a lot of time chasing perfection that doesn't exist. I've earned my scars and wrinkles and love them! Practicing gratitude for who you are and all the good in your life is so important.
2) Exfoliate once a week. I do my face and body. I pay special attention to my rough feet!
3) Exercising 3-5 times a week. I've been doing this since my 20s and it's one thing that has paid off for me. Dancing, hiking in nature and yoga are my favorite ways to exercise. Deep breathing and meditation are a must as well. Quiet time with yourself allows you to be grounded and in the moment.
4) Laughter with friends and family. I'm a wife, mom and grandma at 50! Just being around them makes me happy. To celebrate my 50th we had a girls weekend in Joshua Tree, we just laughed about all our perimenopausal issues, did yoga, danced and sang! My husband also threw me a Studio 54 themed party so lots of boogying and celebrating.
5) Give back to the community and world. A part of self-care is actually giving to others. Giving nourishes the soul so it benefits the receiver and the giver. Right now I'm on the board of our local food pantry that feeds over 30 families weekly. NHIFP.org
6) Eating good, healthy food that gives you energy. Energy loss is a big thing for me right now. I love sugar, but lately I find that I just crash after eating too much. I still treat myself to red wine, pasta and dark chocolate but I'll use gluten-free or whole grain pasta and drink and eat sweets in moderation.
7) Of course sleep on Silked and be Sassy, Intelligent, Loving, Kind, Empowered and Determined!
I am truly grateful for the amazing life I've had up until this point and for SIlked and for Co-Founder and business partner Phoenix Gonzalez!