An important part of the day is that time when we are settling down to rest. Relaxation techniques that promote self-care can reduce stress symptoms and help us enjoy a better quality of life. Relaxation is a process that decreases the effects of stress on your mind and body. Learning basic relaxation techniques is easy. Explore relaxation techniques you can do by yourself, nearly anywhere.
Here are a few things we recommend practicing as relaxing bedtime rituals:
1. Take a warm bath or shower to unwind.
2. Read a book or meditate.
3. Keep the TV and screens from tablets and phones off.
4. Try to go to bed at the same time every night.
The next step is to turn your room into a restful retreat:
1. Use lavender essential oils to relax.
2. Your room should be cool, quiet and dark.
3. Use earplugs if needed and blackout curtains and wear a Silked eye mask.
4. Sleep on a Silked Pillow Sleeve for added luxury and protected hair and skin while you sleep.
The last step is to avoid alcohol, caffeine or heavy meals before sleep:
1. Although alcohol may make you drowsy it can later act as a stimulant, waking up in the middle of the night, so avoid drinking more than 2 drinks, and don’t drink alcohol or food within 2 hours of sleep and caffeine within 4 hours of sleep.
We must remember self-care is a transformative process that can bring about a new stage of love and appreciation for ourselves and those around us.
Sweet Dreams Silked Sleepers!
Sandra and Phoenix